Examining IT Costs Differently
IT spending is one of the largest budget line items in companies today. Leading analysts estimate that with proper visibility into IT spending, 20% of the IT budget could be invested more effectively. The sheer magnitude of IT investment requires businesses to have complete clarity around how dollars are being allocated to the services IT delivers, yet many organizations have little or no visibility into how and why IT spends money.
Experience the power and clarity that a Business Services Catalog provides.
IT organizations that implement a Business Services Catalog (BSC) will create visibility into IT services, cost and consumption that will usher in a new era of strategic IT management, and establish a trust partnership with the business to minimize IT costs and maximize IT business value. A BSC provides IT and the business unprecedented power to better manage their planning and operations. It provides a quantifiable description for each service and it forces the identification and definition of service level expectations for each service.
Our clients have realized a number of benefits as a result of creating a Business Services Catalog and are utilizing the catalog in a variety of ways including:
- As a baseline for IT budgeting
- As a tool for managing and/or reducing IT costs for specific services
- As a baseline for service and cost discussions with their customers (IT service and cost transparency)
- As a basis for modifying IT charge-backs or show-backs
- As a tool for identifying and managing “shadow” IT costs
- As a baseline for market comparisons and sourcing evaluations
- As defense against “blanket” high level requests for IT cost reduction
Outstanding IT investment is the result of quality information such as clarity of service levels and accurate IT costs. At Farr Group, we understand how a Business Services Catalog can completely transform IT organizations. We developed our Business Services Catalog offering after repeatedly proving how valuable it can be to an organization. Submit a business inquiry form to develop a Business Services Catalog and start experiencing the benefits today.